Re: Draft new DFSG

martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de (Martin Bialasinski) writes:

> I object. If a license is DFSG compliant, there must not be a way to
> exclude a package from main.

In the limiting case, this is not true.  If I created an upstream
package called "Monty Python's Complete Waste of Storage" that
contained one 3 GigaByte file of random numbers covered under the GPL.
I feel pretty certain that when I tried to upload it, there would be a
few objections.

Our job as a project is to figure out where we draw our lines, and
why.  The DFSG is how we define which licenses we consider free, but
that's not the only concern that we'll ever have to weigh; it's just
currently the most common one.