Re: EURO patch

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	If you use the one true editor, look into C-x L 8,  for example.

Actually, I think you probably meant "C-x 8 L", and it only works if
you have previously loaded iso-transl like this:

  (load-library "iso-transl")

If you do this, and if you have an Alt key that's configured right,
you can also get the same affect with A-L.

Actually, I was kind of surprised that I was able to get X configured
to support Alt, Meta, and Hyper.  The "Windows" key is Alt, the Alt
key is Meta (easier to reach), and the "Menu" key is Hyper.  So if I
were really silly, I could bind things to C-A-H-*.  The only drawback
to this setup is that although X knows about it, xterm's don't seem
to, so when I run emacs in an xterminal, Alt moves back to the Alt key
which makes the "windows" key meta.  This can be somewhat confusing,
but I don't know how to tell xterm/rxvt about the changes...