Re: XFree86-3.3.3 has been released

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 02:41:29PM +0100, joost@pc47.mpn.cp.philips.com wrote:
> The new code seems mostly limited to new servers for new chipsets.  That
> means that it's either relatively new code or no code.  If I had a cutting
> edge videocard, I'd happily go with the new, supposedly experimental, code
> rather than have no server at all.  If possible bugs in the new code are a

Fully agreed.

I have been suffering from needles upgrade problems with every X package
because the Suse server uses /etc/XF86Config and the Debian setup views
that as an error. I've had my FireGL 1000 Pro for more than half a year,
all that time without proper Debian support.

For another very popular Diamond card range it's also good to have the
latest XFree: the Viper 330 and 550. The latter doesn't work without the
latest server, the former has an annoying snow problem with the current
server.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed