Switching to Maildir

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 13:18:29 +0300, Ilya L Ovchinnikov wrote:
> What do you think about switching from Mbox to Maildir in Debian?

Bad idea. Maildir is non-standard. While I'm all for making it easy for a
local administrator to use Maildir, I think it's an extremely bad thing to
have Maildir be the default. A lot of mail packages don't support it, many
systems have mailspools from NFS mounts, etc.

> If we switch, we would not need setgid-mail MUAs

This can easily be managed using suidconf.

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go