Re: dhcpcd up for adoption (Was: dhcp problems)

Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu> writes:

> It's not out of date, dhcpcd-0.70 and dhcpcd-1.3.16 are different
> programs (the latter was rewritten and only runs on experimental
> kernels).  I packaged dhcpcd-1.3.7 as "dhcpcd-sv-1.3.7" but never got
> around to working out the last details before uploading it (the
> package doesn't have any init scripts.)  The "sv" is from the author's
> initials.

OK, that makes sense.  I'm running 2.2.12?, and I had to get and
compile dhcpcd-1.3.6 to get a connection to work at all...

> If nobody takes the dhcpcd-sv package, I'll try to release it ASAP,
> but I have three projects due RSN.

I'd offer to take it over if you need help, but I'm really too swamped
with other things right now, and I'm also not really that
knowledgeable about dhcp.

Thanks for the info.