Re: checking the release-critical bugs

On Sat 21 Nov 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Joel Klecker wrote:
> > But alpha *is* freezing.
>
> Someone please tell me if alpha is making an real, official release like
> i386 and m68k, or a developers release (whatever that might be). I'm still
> hearing conflicting things about this.

The consensus on debian-alpha is that it should be released as a
"real, official release".  Just about every package is compiled now
(a couple are out of date, but that's just the normal catch-up work
for when i386 packages are uploaded into frozen).  Unfortunately, a
couple of potato packages are also uploaded into sid, but that's
really unavoidable as there is no separate "frozen" and "unstable"
dist for alpha (although I don't understand why there isn't).

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands