Re: Cluster Administration

"Ward" == Ward Deng <wdeng@KachinaTech.COM> writes:
> Adam, did i mention GUI?

Since dselect is a GUI for the most part (dpkg is the core, any
non-gui functions in dselect are probably more robustly provided by
apt) and you said modified dselect, I naturally assumed...

>>  The issue of sharing configuration state across many machines can
>> only be addressed by Wichert/Ian's config mgmt proposal, and much
>> work to maintainer scripts.

> We conclude we should make it as simple as possible since Debian has
> a very good foundation already. It is better to modify/extend the

Yes.  Well I hope you work with <debian-devel> on any plans so that we
can all benefit from Kachina's efforts.  Either way, best of luck.