Re: glibc recompiling was Re: libc resolver problem solved (criticalbug)

"Nathan" == Nathan Myers <ncm@cantrip.org> writes:
> Incidentally, I hope we're going with the 2.1 glibc.  The glibc
> team's political release problems shouldn't prevent us from using
> the new less-buggy library in place of the current
> hacked-near-to-death 2.0.x version.

Yikes.  I was unaware anyone was considering going with 2.1 glibc on
x86.  I realize that many ports are already using it.  Either way,
swapping libc at this point from 2.0 to 2.1 (or vice versa) on any
port considered frozen would be folly IMHO.  Unless we want to just
cancel the freeze?  I don't think we do.  Better to have a 2.2
quickly, i.e., second quarter, 1999.