Re: checking the release-critical bugs

Enrique Zanardi wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 07:52:41PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 10:20:00AM -0600, Oleg Krivosheev wrote:
> > >    We really should be using 2.0.36 now. This should be allowed into
> > > slink as an exception.
> > >
> > > second here
> >
> > And another one. How many do we need? :-)
>
> Well, now we need a bunch of kernel-image-2.0.36 packages for each
> arch/subarch. (Don't forget the tecra one!) ;-)
>
> Herbert?

Unlurking :), could these be zImage kernels?  Please? :) Then people
like me (with a Thinkpad 600 that won't boot a bzImage kernel no matter
how you do it -- rather, the Debian tecra disks don't work, either ...)
won't have to already have a Linux box up just to load up our favorite
distribution.  There has been more than one case on the linux-laptop
mailing list of people avoiding Debian because the boot floppies aren't
laptop-friendly.  I know this thread has been rehashed many times, but
just to make sure ... some laptops (mine, for instance) are quite
obstinate about not booting bzImage kernels, and I'd hate to see slink
be problematic on laptops -- since hamm kinda was. :) Thanks ... you
guys build an excellent distribution, and I'll go back to lurking now.

--
Andy MacKay <mackay@rice.edu>