Re: Qt license change

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 04:52:03PM +0100, luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr wrote:
> > Only if the QPL is compatible with the GPL; which it looks like it isn't.
>
> Ok that is another point, but i think if you are able to but Qt into main, you
> can resort to the "library normally distributed with the system" clause of the
> GPL. so the more important point is if yes or not we can distribute Qt in main
> or not, independently of any KDE stuff or other GPL problem.

I really do NOT want to rely on that.  I'm sorry, but that point is really
messy IMO.

> I think Qt does not belong in main, but i am not sure if my interpretation of
> the DFSG, point 6 is correct.

I disagree..  It seems to fit in main with the new license, though the
source patches being seperate patches I didn't consider a problem with
compatibility.  It MIGHT be, or it might not.  That's a more serious in the
case of KDE, though it is fine in the case of the DFSG in general.

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.