Re: Qt license change

"J.H.M. Dassen \(Ray\)" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> I doubt that. Q PUBLIC LICENSE version 0.9:
> :3. You may make modifications to the Software. In order to preserve the
> :integrity of the unmodified version of the Software, modifications must be
> :distributed in the form of patches

> This restriction looks incompatible with the GPL.

Could you explain?

Is it linking GPLed stuff with Qt that is the problem?

As I quickly read the GPL it says nothing about all modules should be
GPL rather that the source should be available?

 - QPL allows this. Not in an easy way but it is posible.

Collecting wishes for changes to QPL:
6.c:

   c. As an alternative to (a) or (b), you may offer these application
      programs, reusable components and other software items that link with
      the original or modified versions of the Software under the Artistic
      license or any GPL license.

/any GPL/any license conforming to the Open Source term/

It could be the meaning but I'm not sure.

--
Peter er den mindst gamle af de gammeldags usenettere, og moderator på
den eneste modererede gruppe i dk.*, so there.