Re: Qt license change

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 15:30:44 +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> "J.H.M. Dassen \(Ray\)" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> writes:
> > I doubt that. Q PUBLIC LICENSE version 0.9:

> > This restriction looks incompatible with the GPL.
>
> Could you explain?
>
> Is it linking GPLed stuff with Qt that is the problem?

Yes. (Check out the archives of the earlier KDE licensing discussion for
full details, and http://www.debian.org/News/1998/19981008).

> As I quickly read the GPL it says nothing about all modules should be GPL
> rather that the source should be available?

The GPL imposes requirements with regard to the licensing of
non-major-system-component libraries and modules a binary is linked against
when that binary is redistributed. (GPL, section 3).

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.