Re: A Proposal to solve the non-US problem.

***** PM => Peter Makholm

PM> The other problem is knowing which packages should be restricted
PM> to which countries. No one knows which silly laws EU, US or even
PM> Iraq has. Debian should clearly mark that users are responsibel
PM> for checking if some packages is restricted in their country. We
PM> can _help_ the users by making a restricted line.

Yes, every user will be able to file bug reports about missing
restrictions, and we could do NMU, as we do for security, if the
maintainer isn't able to react in a reasonable amount of time (the NMU
should be limit it's changes just to the proper header).

Regards,

Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://salve.home.ml.org/>
Have a look at Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org/>.