Re: A Proposal to solve the non-US problem.

"Davide G. M. Salvetti" <salve@debian.org> writes:

>   - let the maintainers specify if their packages are restricted in
>   any country (just like they now specify if they are non-US) by mean
>   of a `Restricted:' header in the control file, to be used like
>   `Restricted: FR, US'; [...]

There is two problems. The first problem is to make apt/dpkg aware
that this restrictions exist. This is only a tecnical problem and
should be solved.

The other problem is knowing which packages should be restricted to
which countries. No one knows which silly laws EU, US or even Iraq
has. Debian should clearly mark that users are responsibel for
checking if some packages is restricted in their country. We can _help_
the users by making a restricted line.

--
Peter er den mindst gamle af de gammeldags usenettere, og moderator på
den eneste modererede gruppe i dk.*, so there.