Re: Initial Proposal to solve this non-US issue

Raul Miller wrote:
> Each country with restrictions should have a profile which
> indicates those restrictions [and, for software patents,
> there should be an expiration date].

How about asking each maintainer to include in her package a list of
countries that the package must be kept out of?

Ben Collins writes:
> I really don't think that when a new package comes in that might have
> import/export laws that there needs to be research in several hundred
> countries to see where it can and can't go.

But a general solution should make it easy to deal with such restrictions
when they are brought to our attention.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)