Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

> Simply stated, I don't like the idea that perfectly free software
> should be segregated out of Debian because of local country laws,
> neither if that country happens to be so central for Debian.

I agree, why should the freeness of a program be determined by the
ill-considered laws of a foreign country?

> It's not an urgent issue, in my views, but I don't understand your
> position here.  Are you satisfied throwing out of Debian some good
> free software package, as gnupg is, for example?  I think we should
> make our best efforts to spread the use of free software.

Right. GPL'ed software doesn't deserve the tag 'non-free'
because it is in 'non-US'. The issues are distinct: DFSG compliance is
determined on the software license, not the laws of one country, where the
author/maintainer may not even reside.

	Martin.