Intent to package Moscow ML

Hi *,

I am studying computer science and we are working with a language called ML
(Meta Language) there. I found out that there is a Debian package in hamm
which is called ocaml - the Objective Caml System. But it uses an entirely
different syntax than that I am used to.

So I decided to package it for my private use. I would like to contribute
(first I have to get my developer status ;) and get it into "our" distribution
(up to now it is your distribution).

So I looked at the web and found Moscow ML, which is quite close to what we
use at the university. Moscow ML is free so it can go into main. Here is my
control-file:

Source: mosml
Section: devel
Standards-Version: 2.5.0.0
Maintainer: Torsten Landschoff <t.landschoff@gmx.net>

Package: mosml
Architecture: i386
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 a strict functional language widely used in teaching and research.
 .
 It is based on the Caml Light system, which gives fast compilation and
 modest storage consumption.
 .
 Moscow ML implements
 .
    * Implements the Core language of Standard ML, as revised 1997
      (value polymorphism, default overloading resolution, new types).
    * Implements most of the new Standard ML Basis Library, including
      the most common input/output facilities in TextIO and BinIO.
    * Features an on-line help function.
    * Implements separate compilation and a limited version of the
      Standard ML Modules language, with signatures and non-nested
      structures but no functors.
    * Can produce compact stand-alone executables (a la Caml Light).
    * Supports quotations and antiquotations, useful for metaprogramming.
    * Provides installable prettyprinters.

cu
	Torsten