Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

***** BC => Ben Collins

BC> My question, is non-US on the official CD?

No.

BC> If not then there is no question, no main packages depend on
BC> non-US regardless of the gpl/opensource/freeness of it. If so then
BC> _maybe_ it would be ok, if it didn't complicate the install
BC> process any more than it already is.

My question is: since when the installation process dictates what is
free and what is not?

I'm not saying next Debian release should already have main packages
depending on non-US DFSG free ones, I'm just stating this should be
one of our not-so-long-term goals.

Regards,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://salve.home.ml.org/>