Cluster Administration

We have here a cluster of 30 SUN UltraSparcs and I am looking forward to see
Debian UltraLinux. A major concern I have about Linux on UltraSparc is, that
it seems to be difficult to keep on all the workstations exactly the same
configuration and sharing diskspace using NFS.

Currently, Debian package management is sufficient for a single workstation,
but insufficient for a cluster. This problem has to be addresses sooner or
later, if you want to run Debian on a workstation cluster.

Maybe the Debian UltraLinux developers could try to find a solution for this
problem, in the time they are waiting for Sparc64 support for egcs (this is a
multiplatform problem and can be addressed on intel machines).

Thanks.

--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de