Re: Indefinite leave from Debian.

Some time around  Sat, 07 Nov 1998 22:15:59 +0100,
         Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

 > Hello Igor!
 >
 > Have fun in Real Life, and drop us a line from time to time how you are!
 >
 > On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 01:37:52PM -0500, Igor Grobman wrote:
 > > The Debian FAQ-O-Matic needs to be revived again.  It needs a leader who w
 > ould
 > > make it visible again and update it as well as figure out a way to make ot
 > her
 > > people contribute ;-).  There are a few people on the fom@debian.org alias
 > > that are administrators of the FOM, but I haven't heard much from them lat
 > ely.
 > > But then again, I didn't look at the FOM itself either, so maybe they are
 > > doing a good job.
 >
 > I am interested in this, as I think this is important for us (like SuSEs
 > data base got important for SuSE). However, my problem is that my net access
 > is expensive.
 >
 > Igor, is there the possibility to work with the FAQ-O-Matic without being
 > online, and "submit" the changes on dial up? If this is possible, I'll take
 > over the FOM.

No, unfortunately this is not possible by design, so it's probably not going
to be a feature that is easy to add.  The changes to faqomatic are only done
through the faqomatic script.  I suppose you could just download all of
faqomatic's data to your PC, and then run faqomatic locally to change files,
then figure out a way how to upload only the changed files.  This certainly
is not a clean solution.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net