FAQ-o-matic

Hi Marcus,

On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 10:15:59PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> I am interested in this, as I think this is important for us (like SuSEs
> data base got important for SuSE). However, my problem is that my net access
> is expensive.

I am interested, too. But I have never seen the faq-o-matic. Probably I have
to look deeper. I would be interested to find a way to have a support database
which does not require the user to be online and can be requested by mail.

I would like to type "howto install nis" and get a list of descriptions how
somebody has done it.

Problem is: Who will do the work to send in descriptions? I would like to have
a second command (both in one package) called ididit, so after getting
something to work I can type

ididit (list-of-interesting-packages)
I installed KDE, but it did not work right - there was garbage instead of
icons... I discovered the icons to be in kdesupportg0-dev ...

I am not sure if it really was kdesupport, but I guess, the idea is clear. It
would be great to get this working by either an ip-up-script (sending
ididit-Descriptions and getting howtos submitted by others), or by mail.

I guess this way we would have the biggest support database in time - at least
if the installation points to this...

> Igor, is there the possibility to work with the FAQ-O-Matic without being
> online, and "submit" the changes on dial up? If this is possible, I'll take
> over the FOM.

Does this sound like a possible solution to you?

cu
	Torsten