Re: Indefinite leave from Debian.

Some time around  Sat, 07 Nov 1998 13:41:00 PST,
         Joseph Carter wrote:

 > --HnQK338I3UIa/qiP
 >
 > On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 01:37:52PM -0500, Igor Grobman wrote:
 > > svgatextmode - Might become obsolete soon...
 >
 > I might be interested in this if you haven't got a better home for it.  I
 > use it regularly.

Ok, it's yours then.

 > > I am also orphaning the spam handler job.  Someone else needs to step up
 > > and do it.  The tasks include complaining about spam sent to debian lists
 > > and other @debian.org addresses, maintaining the spam block list that gets
 > > distributed around debian machines, and handling whatever else gets sent
 > > to spam@debian.org
 >
 > I really think this is more than a one-man job...

I ended up doing just fine.  It took about 10-20 minutes of time
a day once I got into a systematic way of handling the complaints.

 > > I am also the backup maintainer of debian-keyring.  Someone reasonably tr=
 > usted
 > > should step up to do it instead of me.  Contact James Troup if you are=20
 > > interested.
 >
 > I'd offer to help, but am unsure if one might make the argument that I am
 > still much too new a developer, know well enough known (with my big mouth I
 > might debate this one), or not personally known by enough developers to
 > confirm my identity for such a security-related task.  So far I just have
 > the one sig from David Welton.

Like I said, I'll defer to James Troup for this one since I have no authority
for this particular task anymore.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net