Re: cc'ing (was Re: Mozilla goes GTK+ instead of Qt)

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998 19:17:38 -0500, Michael Stone wrote:

>Quoting Steve Lamb (morpheus@teleute.ml.org):
>> On Sun, 1 Nov 1998 19:10:00 -0500, Michael Stone wrote:

>> >Work? What kind of work? I can't seem to figure out what you need for
>> >"multiple account support."

>>     Use PMMail(/2|98) for about 2 weeks and you'll find out what I mean.

>Any chance you could be more specific? What do you need that you can't
>get from any unix mailreader?

    Fair enough question.

    Complete seperation of accounts from one another.  PMMail handles each
account completely seperate.  Filters, signatures, folders, individual
settings.  The only thing which isn't seperate is the spell checking and the
address book.  I'd prefer the address book to be seperate as well.

    While it is a GUI interface I can see the same logic applying to text
based application and had, at one time, entertained the notion of writing
one.  I still have it sitting on the backburner at the moment.  I might
actually do it if I can learn enough of C and PCRE.

    Now, the last time I checked mutt it did not do internal filtering.  It
did allow for multiple pop/imap retrieves into seperate folders.  However, if
one wanted any filtering one had to resort to fetchmail and
procmail/exim/filter.  Otherwise all the mail was dumped into a single folder
for that account and you were done.  It also looked like any of the advanced
features required rc tweaking instead of having the ability to do it on the
fly internally.