Re: Incompatibility between ncurses and libc6?

I know nothing about ncurses and libc6, only compiling, so take this
advice with that in mind.

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> kuolema!joey(ttyp6):/usr/src/debian/nn> gcc  -Iconf -O2  -O2 -g -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe    -c term.c -o term.o
> term.c:36: #error foo
> In file included from term.c:37:
> /usr/include/term.h:75: parse error

Maybe you have a different copy, can you send lines 70-80 of this file to
me?  I don't see any reason for a parse error in my (probably old) copy.
This is where your compile is being killed.

> In file included from term.c:37:
> /usr/include/term.h:90: warning: `TCSANOW' redefined
> /usr/include/termbits.h:176: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
> /usr/include/term.h:91: warning: `TCSADRAIN' redefined
> /usr/include/termbits.h:177: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
> /usr/include/term.h:92: warning: `TCSAFLUSH' redefined
> /usr/include/termbits.h:178: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

This isn't killing your compile, but you may want to fix it as it may
result in unexpected behaviour.  Or the result my be expected by people
that want the term.h version over the termbits.h version.

HTH,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|   Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)   |