Re: Skipping the slink freeze and work on Debian 2.2 instead

Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 11:06:07AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Unmet recommends: gnupg
> >   mutt
> Hmm, gnupg is non-US. Does that explain the problem?

But policy says that no package in main is allowed to depend (and I'm
pretty sure also recommend - especially since dselect drives you crazy
if there is an unmet recommennds) on packages outside of main.

So either kick mutt out of main or turn recommends into suggests.

The only stupid question is the unasked one.