Re: Revised Release Critical Bugreport for October 29

>Bug stamp-out list for Oct 29 00:08 (CST)
Either some maintainers did not close some bugs, or the list is not
up-to-date. See later.

>Package: gnome-core
>Maintainer: Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
>  28678  gnome-core: gnome-help-browser crashes
Sorry, but this is not release critical. We all know that the GNOME is in
alpha stage, so you can expect some crashes.

On the other hand I miss the libgtop soname problem which I would consider
critical. Could anyone with web access please check for this bug? Either
the latest libgtop packages have an incorrect soname or (more likely)
gnome-panel and gnome-utils have to be recompiled.

>Package: libjpeg6b
>Maintainer: Mark Mickan <mmickan@debian.org>
>  28341  libjpeg6b: Doesn't use upstream soname (and other bits)
Is this still in the archive? I just installed libjpeg62.

>Package: lyx
>Maintainer: Stuart Lamble <lamble@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
>  28222  LyX doesn't work on a fresh install
Stuart wasn't available the last time I checked. Mark, do you take care of
this?

>Package: xbase
>Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
>  28254  xbase: getreal problem in preinst

Seems to be solved.

>  28329  Still cannot install xbase
>  28344  xbase upgrade still a horror (getinode this time)
>  28361  xbase_3.3.2.3a-4 missing executables

Actual version is -6. I wonder if this is still relevant.

>  28437  xbase: xbase cleared my /etc/X11/window-managers

>Package: xlib6
>Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
>  28242  xlib6: getreal problem in preinst
Should be fixed too.

Michael

      Dr. Michael Meskes, Senior-Consultant
      Mummert+Partner Unternehmensberatung AG