Re: packaging question

Michael Meskes wrote:
> I'm currently packaging gpasman. It needs a library librc2 for decoding the
> passwords. First of all I have no idea whatsoever if this encryption faces

Is the library included in the package or is it a standalone library?

> passwords. First of all I have no idea whatsoever if this encryption faces
> export restrictions in the US. But my current  problem is a question of

This depends on the method used to decode passwords.

> export restrictions in the US. But my current  problem is a question of
> packaging. Do I make a package for the library? It is just a static library
> so far and to the best of my knowledge no other package does use it. So I

If you create a new package for the library I guess it would be best
if you would create a shared library then.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!