packaging question

I'm currently packaging gpasman. It needs a library librc2 for decoding the
passwords. First of all I have no idea whatsoever if this encryption faces
export restrictions in the US. But my current  problem is a question of
packaging. Do I make a package for the library? It is just a static library
so far and to the best of my knowledge no other package does use it. So I
considered putting the source into the gpasman package and but do not
distribute the library. Is this okay? Or do I have to create a library
package?

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein