Re: Program to find files which are not part of packages.

On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 11:37:26AM +0100, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     doesn't the "cruft" package do exactly the same thing?
> It's about 3 month I use it to clean my system...
> Ciao,
> Federico

Hmmm. Well not exactly the same, but pretty much. It would be nice if it
took a parameter to specify the directory tree to scan... and if it did
thinks in memory instead of on disk, and it didn't filter out things which
are actually quite important...

But the question remains - given that I have 1000 files not listed as
belonging to a package in /usr alone, why hasn't anyone tried to get
this situation fixed.

G.

--
Gordon Russell