Re: Apt UI design

Previously Steve Lamb wrote:
>     A minor problem here is that screen also uses CNTL-A as a modifier
> prefix.

I know. Try producing cntl-A someday when you are running screen across
a minicom link. IIRC you will need to do "cntl-A cntl-A A". Yuck.

I've just added this piece of text to the design, which solves our
problems I think:

   Since not all terminals have an Alt key there are two alternatives: when
   using X we will use Meta1 and for other systems we use escape as a prefix.

Wichert.