Re: Apt UI design

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 03:53:01PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >We could probably do what minicom does and use Ctrl-A is a modifier
> >prefix.
>
>     A minor problem here is that screen also uses CNTL-A as a modifier
> prefix.  Personally, I've gotten so used to hitting CNTL-A,a in Joe (and
> other applications) that it messes me up outside of screen.  But you never
> know for those people who start using screen and then wonder why they can't
> do things.

Screen can be changed however.  I always use screen, so I'm very aware of
screen problems.  Screen and joe don't like each-other much, BTW.

I'm thinking about binding screen's meta to my keyboard's App key, though I
honestly have no idea what to mape the App key to.  => There's gotta be a
thousand sequences not found on a normal 101 keyboard.  Of course, there are
also a thousand sequences I can't figure out how to get to do something
useful in Linux (ctrl/shift arrows for example)

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.