Re: gettext documentation not accurate for Debian?

> > > Of course, you have to call xgettext with --keyword=_ otherwise you
> > > won't see anything.  Yeah, this documentation rules...
> >  Besides you need to add...
> >         setlocale (LC_ALL, "");
> Why is that needed?

 I'm not sure. But note that gettext need the LANG/LC_* env vars to find out
the right *.mo. And that's what setlocale does, reading the env vars.

> >  It's adviseable to use autoconf/automake when using gettext.
> Why?

 Because they give you a framework for handling the *.po, *.pot files,
running msgmerge, xgettext, etc. These programs have macros to integrate
with gettext pretty well.

> I need to turn xfax to use it anyway, looks like I need a mentor.
> I found one, though.  Anyway, first I'll add some funktionality.

 Autoconf is very nice. I'm still trying to get used to automake...