Re: problems with latest x version in incoming

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 12:35:52AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Adam J. Klein wrote:
> > This is rather strange.  I took over this package relatively recently.  I
> > hadn't really looked at the documentation.
>
> Do you have time to fully look at how suidmanager works and find out if and
> why the chown is necessary if suidregister doesn't run?

It looks like it's not neccessary.  I'm not sure what the original
intention was, but it should be safe to change debhelper and debstd to
inserting only:

if [-x /usr/sbin/suidregister ]; then
	suidregister -s PACKAGE FILE OWNER GROUP PERMS
fi

in the postinst.  I'll fix the documentation in the next release.  I'm planning
to rewrite suidmanager in Perl, which I hope will give me a better understanding
of it's exact behavior, and make it easier to add features.

	Adam