Re: problems with latest x version in incoming

Adam P. Harris wrote:
> Hmmm.  I wonder if putting setuid in the .deb itself (rather than
> chmoding in the postinst) defeats the purpose of suidregister?
> Maybe I've been wrong?

Well, it certianly does not defeat the porpose of suidregister. Suidregister
will happily override it.

> Why does /usr/doc/suidmanager/README.Debian say:
>
> ---
>  Examples on how `debmake' and `debhelper' handle `suidregister' and
>  `suidunregister':
>
> if [ -x /usr/sbin/suidregister ]; then
>         suidregister -s #PACKAGE# /#FILE# #OWNER# #GROUP# #PERMS#
> else
>         chown #OWNER#.#GROUP# /#FILE#
>         chmod #PERMS# /#FILE#
> fi
> ---
>
> Does debhelper really do it this way?  I guess not?

Debhelper does it this way. But I certianly didn'tcome up with this. I must
have either copied it from debstd or from earlier suidmanager doumentation,
or from some other source. Seeing the docs turn around and cite debhelper is
a little scarey..

--
see shy jo