Re: dpkg: assertion failure -- what does this mean?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: dpkg: assertion failure -- what does this mean?
- From: Rob Browning <email@example.com>
- Date: 23 Oct 1998 13:23:04 -500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: Rob Browning's message of "23 Oct 1998 12:33:58 -500"
- References: <email@example.com>
Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> dpkg: ../../../dpkg/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
I believe I've figured out that this is a bug in alsa-source. I've
filed a report. Basically the modules package that alsa-source
generates both "provides" and "depends" on alsa-modules. However,
there's also an alsa-modules package that has the architecture
independent stuff that it really does semantically depend on... I'll
see what the maintainer says.
Rob Browning <email@example.com> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930