Re: dpkg: assertion failure -- what does this mean?

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

>   dpkg: ../../../dpkg/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
>   Aborted

I believe I've figured out that this is a bug in alsa-source.  I've
filed a report.  Basically the modules package that alsa-source
generates both "provides" and "depends" on alsa-modules.  However,
there's also an alsa-modules package that has the architecture
independent stuff that it really does semantically depend on...  I'll
see what the maintainer says.

Thanks