Re: Sendmail (was: Re: huge lists)

Sendmail 8.9.1a (the current version in Slink) has relaying off by
default - but allows numerous options for relaying should you need it.

As for the antiquation of sendmail rules - I'll bet you've not looked
since the move from sendmail.cf to sendmail.mc... Much nicer!

And what do you do that you'd need constant fighting?  Once I get a
site customized, I don't need to muck with it until the customer
identifies additional needs.

Many are scared of sendmail because, like me, its reputation preceeds
it...  The problem is, that its reputation (unlike mine) is poorly
deserved - oft' handed down and miscarried - rarely revisited.
--
Rick Nelson
-- hoisting the bat book and looking for targets ;-}