Re: sensible-xterm?

On Tue, Oct 20, 1998 at 11:20:46PM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:
>  > Now that xterm is a package of its own do we need something like a
>  > sensible-xterm? I see several packages starting an xterm to so some stuff.
>  > But what if people start to purge xterm? I also considered switching to
>  > eterm completely. That's when I discovered thsi problem.
>
> Well, I guess that would be a wrapper with standardized options, as
> probably all of these programs do not share all of their options...

There's not much need to do that, but it's not unreasonable to do either.
If each terminal provided an alternative for sensible-xterm which was to be
compatible with "xterm", that would not be too complex a task.

> I guess that now all programs calling xterm should explicitely depend
> on the xterm package ...

What calls xterm other than the default menus in every wm known in
existance?  =>

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.