Re: Bug 26827 again (about secure-su)

On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 08:34:39PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 01:58:40PM -0400, warp@whitestar.soark.net wrote:
> > > I checked some more on this bug report and IMO we should simply close it.
> >
> > I disagree.
>
> I'm not suprised. :-)
>
> > > So I think people needing
> > > this stuff should make sure they use gnu su instead. As long as you do
> > > things you can expect from su you should be able to use secure-su as well.
> >
> > And how do you propose, do you go about making sure you actually HAVE
> > gnu-su? And what do you do when you DON'T??
>
> Depending on fileutils? And fileutils installing it as gnu-su even if
> secure-su is not installed? Or Conflicts: secure-su.

'Conflicts: secure-su' would work great, as fileutils is
'Essential: yes' we should thus just pull secure-su from debian, as its
not going to be installed on ANY debian system..

Renaming the binary to gnu-su and using alternatives to select what gets
run when you run su would be more reasonable..

> > Let me remind you that what's breaking is a ESSENTIAL package!!!
>
> How about a gnu-su package instead of including it into fileutils?

That would work, the bug can be closed as soon as thats straightened
out, and not before...

I don't really care how its fixed, as long as its fixed well, and
everything works.. (=:]

Zephaniah E, Hull..