Re: Bug 26827 again (about secure-su)

On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 01:58:40PM -0400, warp@whitestar.soark.net wrote:
> > I checked some more on this bug report and IMO we should simply close it.
>
> I disagree.

I'm not suprised. :-)

> > So I think people needing
> > this stuff should make sure they use gnu su instead. As long as you do
> > things you can expect from su you should be able to use secure-su as well.
>
> And how do you propose, do you go about making sure you actually HAVE
> gnu-su? And what do you do when you DON'T??

Depending on fileutils? And fileutils installing it as gnu-su even if
secure-su is not installed? Or Conflicts: secure-su.

> Let me remind you that what's breaking is a ESSENTIAL package!!!

How about a gnu-su package instead of including it into fileutils?

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!