Re: Bugs with X

On Fri, Oct 16, 1998 at 01:53:43PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Debugging symbols would definitely be useful for X servers as well -- we
> could probably help out the upstream guys a great deal if we could track
> down some of the problems for them.  But I cower in fear at the thought of
> how large those servers would be.  As it is, those packages run 800k to a
> megabyte each, and the SVGA server, which most people use, is something
> like 1.2 megs.  I don't know yet if it would be worth it to package
> xserver-*-dbg officially.  Maybe, if I learn how to make them, I could just
> store them at the X Strike Force page.  Debugging X servers is, I am sure,
> not for the faint of heart.

Right, I don't see a big demand for it, but it might be useful - that
would be a good place to store them.  I certainly wouldn't be
bothering if didn't have 2 computers linked via ethernet (so that I
can get back in and do clean reboots).  1.2 megs is big, but nothing
compared to the whole source distribution...:->

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org