Re: intent to remove libglide from non-free

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 04:48:44PM -0500, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> This proprietary commercial software and if it is on any Debian servers it
> must be removed *immediately*.  No waiting to see if they might change the
> license.  It must be removed *now*.

A number of people would like to see a 3dfx package of mesa. This can not
be done unless there is a legal package of glide (under the current license
I can't even get the libs since I don't own a 3dfx card).

>From now on any requests for such a package will get a reply stating that
one will not be released until the license on glide is fixed.

Jay Treacy