Re: KDE gone, Lyx next ?

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 09:16:01PM -0400, Shaya Potter wrote:
> >There are those possibilities, but the lyx people will probably give
> >permission for linking with libforms since they clearly intend for that to
> >be done.  The biggest problem with KDE was outside code that was ported and
> >that the KDE people did not want to make the needed changes.  Has anyone
> yet
> >contacted the lyx people?
>
> I wonder why you are so sure of that, the originall author of Lyx was
> Mathias Ehtrich, who also happens to be the head of KDE.

Because Mathias has more or less forked klyx off the orignial lyx project
and the remaining people probably aren't going to complain too much.  It's
not impossible for them to pretty much take a vote on it and opt to do the
right thing.  They may not, however.  We'll see.  It all depends really on
who wrote what I suppose.