Re: LICENSES [was: Re: Have you seen this?]

> If I say, do what you want with my code, and you incorporate it in a GPL
> app, do you relicense my work? No, and you can't, because you're not the

Yes, you create a combined work bound by the GPL. And the GPL permits
components of a GPL'd item to be freer than GPL (by the GPL definition of
free)

> copyright holder. You license the whole work as GPL, but still anyone can
> take my code and do what he wants. The GPL is more restrictive than my
> Public Domain License, which is okay.

Correct. Actually you should never ever use "public domain". Even if you
want something to be "Do as you wish", because stating something is
public domain in some jurisdictions does not exempt you from legal
liability, and an exemption from legal liability clause means its not
public domain

Fun .. not