Re: Perl policy for managing modules ?

Le Thu, Oct 08, 1998 at 02:31:40AM -0700, Darren/Torin/Who Ever... écrivait:
> I do worry about what this might break as well.  Another option would be
> to have /usr/lib/perl5/debian(/$arch)? be the first element of @INC and
> leave /usr/lib/perl5/$version(/$arch)? there with only the Perl
> installed files.  I'll ask on p5p if this will break things.

What about also adding /usr/lib/perl5(/$arch)? at the end of @INC ?
Is it possible ?
In that way, recent packages that are installed in /usr/lib/perl5/debian
are used first and only if no package is found in the standard path
then perl will search for modules in /usr/lib/perl5.

If we can do it, I think that's the best solution in order no to break
non architecture dependent packages that already exists.

That way there will never be any problem with DebianNet.pm and other
modules. And we also can move slowly to a unified directory tree.

Otherwise the transition seems to be too difficult. I hope this can
solve our current problem (and by the way make it include in slink).

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/