Re: Contacting authors

On Thu, 8 October 1998 00:07:26 +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Re spam: I'd like to make it optional so it does not have to be
> used but only should.  Each pkg. maintainer could negotiate with
> the upstream author about this feature and not use it if the author
> doesn't like that.

That's what I meant yesterday evening.
If we ask and the author gives an ack, this is ok, but some will
think of just spam and the like and deny this. We would have an
incomplete package-base at authors.debian.org, then...

Alexander

--
"In einem Meer von Schmerz ertrinken die einen, die anderen lernen darin
 schwimmen"  (Kyrilla Spiecker)