Re: Contacting authors

Alexander Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 8 October 1998 00:07:26 +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Re spam: I'd like to make it optional so it does not have to be
> > used but only should.  Each pkg. maintainer could negotiate with
> > the upstream author about this feature and not use it if the author
> > doesn't like that.
>
> That's what I meant yesterday evening.
> If we ask and the author gives an ack, this is ok, but some will
> think of just spam and the like and deny this. We would have an
> incomplete package-base at authors.debian.org, then...

Maybe make it different.

I'd like get a way to contact the upstream authors without having
to dig into the copyright file or even worse (when the maintainer
forgot to mention his name plus email there) to dig into the source.

Mainly I have the problem that I lose track of all the upstream
authors of my own packges.  I guess Joey has the same problem just
by factor three.

I could implement a local registry and implement it on my local
system(s) so I'll have package@authors.infodrom.north.de but I
thought more globally so other Debian maintainers could benefit
from it, too.

I'm open to good ideas.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.