Intent to package BERT Lite [TM]

Bert LITE is a tool from Paralogic: it checks Fortran 77 code to see
whether it is worth parallelising it.  Non-free: it consists of a
binary with no source and is commercial code.  There is an .rpm -
this package is on the Extreme Linux CD and would be of interest
to people using Fortran on clusters.

Advice please: I've written to the author to request clarification as
to whether repackaging as a .deb would invalidate his licence.

[On a side note: does anyone know which of gcc/g++/egcs support Intel MMX
[TM] extensions: GAS does, but my colleague wants to use C where possible]

Thanks,

Andy