Re: Copyrights and licenses

At 21:56 +0100 1998-10-01, Ian Lynagh wrote:
In article <[🔎] E0zOomm-0003Da-00@night>, Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl>
writes
Eww... this looks like a software patent.  Can you find out more about it?

That's what I thought. http://srp.stanford.edu/srp/index.html seems
to be the nearest it has to a home, from a few minutes searching
the web.

It isn't patented[1], the inventor claims this: "SRP is free for non-commercial use. As the inventor of SRP, I have decided to make it free for all non-commercial implementations." I don't understand what he thinks gives him the right to be able to dictate the licenses of other implementations of the protocol.

[1] At least, not yet
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>        <URL:http://web.espy.org/>