Re: Debian is not a "main distro"?

:As a side note, I would like to know what does Slackware offers that
:Debian doesn't...  perhaps we should try to "market" our distribution to
:those old Slackware die-hards. Hey, I was one of those a long time ago. ;-)

An easier and less annoying install :) I absolutely hate dselect, that's
what's keeping slackware on my main server, and will remain for the
foreseeable future, even though there is really no easy way to upgrade
slackware....I also do not like that if I compile my own stuff, unless I
somehow make it into a package and make dpkg see it, any stuff dependent
on it will barf (I guess there is a force option, but I haven't explored
this very much). Another point for me was - I ordered a non-us/non-free cd
and was very unhappy when packages I wanted weren't there. Turned out it
was LSL's fault (they somehow cut the archive in half I think, because
fully 50% of packages on the ftp site weren't on cd). Also, in a big
install, the commands for changing the conf files scroll up too fast, so
if I screwed up, I have to figure out where it is and how to fix
it...these are somewhat minor complaints, but for me they are annoying
enough to still consider slackware the best :)

---
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping.  Men
invade another country.
            --- Elayne Boosler

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key