Re: Package Pool (was: Re: Renaming 'math' section 'science')

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Philip Hands wrote:

phil>I've got the room to set up a parallel ``master'' on www.uk.debian.org, and
phil>can give accounts to anyone wanting to help with the effort.
phil>
phil>I'd suggest adding something to the jobs that process Incoming on master, so
phil>that it copies every package that hits Incoming to an incoming directory on
phil>www.uk
phil>
phil>That way we can copy the existing files on the www.uk mirror into the new
phil>structure, and run the new and old setups in parallel.
phil>
phil>Once we are happy that the new setup works, we can migrate master to use it,
phil>and perhaps continue with a parallel ``master'' setup on www.uk for extra
phil>resilience.

	I guess I am for it. But I am not sure what you want to do. Is
there something I can do to help?

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>